Spiders with laser swords!
SpiderHeck is a fast-paced couch co-op brawler where spiders dance to the death in the grip of chaotic battles using laser swords, grenades and even rocket launchers to defeat their foes.
Step into the many shoes of an elite spider soldier capable of slashing and blowing enemies to bits. Strap on a lightsaber, grenade launcher, crossbows, or other crazy weapons for the ultimate co-op battle to the death. Join PvE and PvP fights via local and online multiplayer with up to four soon-to-be-enemy friends and stab, scramble, and sling the way to victory.
Choose from power-ups ranging from strong legs for higher jumps, a too-cool façade that allows spiders to get closer to explosions without dying, and aerodynamics to have more control while in the air to get an advantage in the field. As if wacky, laser sword-wielding spiders weren’t enough, each arena is filled with other perils including powerful explosives, lava flooring, and more.
Test the limits of these armed arachnids in ever-changing terrain, taking advantage of its surroundings to shoot a web and sling farther from opponents, dodge shots, and perform movie worthy parkour for a kill in style. Take care with the weapon of choice, as recoil could be the difference between a triumphant battle or death in a bottomless void.
SpiderHeck delivers neon-art battlefields filled with psycho crawlers for the ultimate multiplayer experience. Easy to pick up but hard to master controls combined with ridiculous weapons offer hilarious gameplay that friends and strangers can enjoy in local or online play, with randomly generated arenas and enemies that mean every match never plays like the last.
Developer Neverjam and publisher tinyBuild announced that SpiderHeck unleashes spiders armed to the fangs to PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam/Epic Store/GOG) as well as Xbox Game Pass on Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Starting on launch, players can play the game for free on Steam until Monday, September 26.
“Growing up on video games myself, it was vital that our first title offered a gameplay experience that could be amongst friends and family,” said Uvis Zviedris, Head Developer at Neverjam. “We hope SpiderHeck becomes a party favorite that never goes out of style, bringing as much joy to players’ homes as it brought to mine.”
- Single or Multiplayer PvE – Take on the enemies in single-player or local multiplayer chaos for up to 4 players.
- Local Multiplayer PvP – Duel to the death against your friends to see who will become champion of the SpiderHeck arena.
- Easy to Pick Up – Simple, intuitive controls that will have you swinging around like the spider swordmaster you are destined to be in no time.
- Hilarious physics-based combat – Watch in delight as your friends pull off the ultimate parkour feat, before catapulting themselves face-first into the lava.
- Incredible Acrobatics – spiders react dynamically to the carnage, resulting in a range of badass and hilariously clumsy moments.
- Choose your Weapon – A wide range of weapons to destroy your enemies with.
- Level Up – Use perks to upgrade your gameplay.
SpiderHeck is coming to PC (Steam/Epic Store/GOG), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch on September 22, 2022 for USD $14.99 / €.14.99.
More articles about SpiderHeck